Supervision of doctoral theses
ิhe completed doctoral theses supervised by C. Gantes as well as those that are in progress are listed below. For each completed thesis, a pdf file is available with the full text, as well as a link to the
Greek Depository of doctoral theses.
C. Gantes is currently supervising 8 doctoral theses that are in progress in the School of Civil Engineering at N.T.U.A.:
- Giorgos Pantazis (since May 2023), "Design of 3D Printed Joints for Deployable Structures".
- Iason Rossetos (since October 2022), "Design of Orthopedic Devices by Means of Nonlinear Finite Element Analyses and Experimental Testing".
- Vasilis Panagiotopoulos (since October 2022), "Optimization of 3D Printed Steel Structural Components by Means of Experimental Testing and Nonlinear Analyses".
- Katerina Ntaifoti (since May 2020), "Structural Condition Assessment of Old Steel Structures".
- Vasilis Papavasileiou (since May 2018), "Evaluation of the Structural Vulnerability of Existing Prefabricated Steel Bridges".
- Aggelos Karvelis (since December 2015), "Wind-Structure Interaction with Emphasis on Steel Structures".
- Stelios Vernardos(since May 2014), "Design of Wind Turbine Towers with Sandwich Type Sections".
- Konstantina Koulatsou (since June 2012), "Fatigue Analysis of Wind Turbine Tower Connections".
In addition, he has supervised 10 completed doctoral theses in the School of Civil Engineering at N.T.U.A.:
- Orestis Ioannou (July 2020), "Design of Cladding to Mitigate Blast Effects on the Supporting Structure".
- Ilias Thanasoulas (January 2020), "Stability Criteria for Tubular-Section Steel Arches".
- Vasileios Melissianos (July 2016), "Buried Steel Pipelines with Flexible Joints under Faulting".
- Konstantinos Kalochairetis (January 2014), "Built-up Steel Columns with Arbitrary Boundary Conditions Subjected to Combined Axial and Transverse Loads" (in Greek).
- Christoforos Dimopoulos (July 2012), "Stiffening of Manholes in Steel Shells of Wind Turbine Towers - Experimental and Numerical Investigation" (in Greek).
- Isabella Vassilopoulou (November 2011), "Nonlinear Dynamic Response and Design of Cable Nets".
- Georgios Mageirou (February 2011), "Contribution to the Design of Multi-Story Steel Frames Against Flexural Buckling" (in Greek).
- Athanasios Papageorgiou (February 2011), "A Contribution to the Analysis Methods for the Seismic Design of Irregular in Height Concrete/Steel Structures" (in Greek).
- Nikos Pnevmatikos (July 2007), "Design of Steel Structures with Automatic Control Methods" (in Greek).
- Minas Lemonis (December 2006), "Beam to Column Joints in Steel Frames" (in Greek).