News and announcements
5 February 2022
The January 2022 issue of the Newsletter of NTUA's Institute of Steel Structures has been posted.
1 September 2021
Member of the Steering Committee of Eurosteel conference series.
20 July 2021
The July 2021 issue of the Newsletter of NTUA's Institute of Steel Structures has been posted.
10 June 2021
The Civil Engineering School of the National Technical University of Athens was ranked 4th globally (2nd in Europe) according to
Shanghai Ranking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects (GRAS) 2021,
which is the best performance of any Higher Education School in Greece.
21 May 2021
The new transparencies of Steel Structures I have been posted
on the course's web page (in Greek).
1 May 2021
New research project: ADDOPTML: ADDitively Manufactured OPTimized Structures by means of Machine Learning
31 January 2021
The January 2021 issue of the Newsletter of NTUA's Institute of Steel Structures has been posted.
20 December 2019
Podcast: The History Of Spatial Structures - A Conversation with Global Leaders in the Field
12 November 2019
University of Surrey: An interview with Charis Gantes
1 September 2019
From 1/9/2019 to 31/8/2020 C. Gantes will be absent from NTUA on a sabbatical leave.
- During this period he will not undertake the supervsision of any new diploma or graduate theses.
- For matters related to the courses "Steel structures I" and "Steel structures II" please contact D. Vamvatsikos or P. Thanopoulos.
- For matters related to the course "Nonlinear behavior of steel structures" please contact T. Avraam.
- For matters related to the graduate course "Steel structures for marine applications" please contact P. Thanopoulos.
- The graduate course "Design of cable and membrane structures" will not be offered during academic year 2019-2020.