C. Gantes is currently participating in the following research projects:
- "HP-OCP - High Performance Holistic Computational Optimization Platform",
Search-Create-Innovate, Greek Secretariat of Research and Technology, Assoc. Prof. N. Lagaros as P.I. (2018-2021).
- "Panoptis - Development of a Decision Support System for Increasing the Resilience of Transportation Infrastructure
Based on Combined Use of Terrestrial and Airborne Sensors and Advanced Modelling Tools",
H2020-MG-2016-2017/H2020-MG-2017-Two-Stages, Dr. Philippe Chrobocinski (Airbus Defense and Space SAS) as P.I.
and Assoc. Prof. A. Doulamis as P.I. of the NTUA research team (School of Rural and Surveying Engineering, NTUA) (2018-2021).
He has also participated in the following research projects:
- "Lavrion Mines French Dock",
contract between the Municipality of Lavrion and NTUA, Prof. E. Sapountzakis as P.I. (2018-2019).
- "OptArch - Optimization Driven Architectural Design of Structures",
H2020-MSCA-RISE-2015, Assoc. Prof. N. Lagaros as P.I. (2016-2020).
- "Divas - DIstributed Vibrational and Acoustic Sensing technology",
H2020-MSCA-IF-2015 Marie Sklodowska-Curie actions, Dr. M. Kandyla (Hellenic National Research Foundation) as P.I. (2016-2018).
- "Buckling of Large Diameter Steel Chimneys",
CICIND - International Committee for Industrial Chimneys, P.I. (2015).
- "ELISSA - Energy Efficient LIghtweight-Sustainable-SAfe-Steel Construction",
FP7-NMP E2B, Prof. M. Founti as P.I. (School of Mechanical Engineering, NTUA) (2013-2016).
- "ENSSTRAM - Novel Design Concepts for Energy Related Steel Structures using Advanced Materials",
Aristeia II program, Greek Secretariat for Research and Technology, P.I. (2013-2015).
- "SeaWind - Performance Based Engineering of Offshore Wind Turbines",
Program of Bilateral R&D Greece-Chine Cooperation 2012-2014, P.I. of the NTUA research team (2013-2015).
- "BridgeCloud - Model-Based Aeroelastic Analysis of Long-Span Bridges on the HPC Cloud",
Eurostars Program, P.I. of the NTUA research team (2013-2015).
- "Nonlinear behavior of built-up steel columns",
Program for the Support of Basic Research PEBE-2011, funded by the National Technical University of Athens, P.I. (2012-2013).
- "AIOLOS - Resolution of Complex Problems in the Analysis of "Next Generation" Wind Turbine Towers",
Thalis program, Prof. E. Sapountzakis as P.I. (2012-2015).
- "NAT-SEI-ISO - Innovative design of bridge piers on liquefiable soils with the use of natural seismic isolation",
Thalis program, Prof. G. Bouckovalas as P.I. (2012-2015).
- "DeReStAr - Development of structural DEsign REcommendations for Steel ARches",
Marie Curie - Intra-European Fellowships (2009-2010, P.I.)
- "Dynamic Wind-Cable Interaction",
Program for the Support of Basic Research PEBE-2007, funded by the National Technical University of Athens (2007-2009, P.I.).
- "Development of Flexible Distance Learning for the Application of Structural Eurocodes in Combination with National Codes",
Leonardo da Vinci/NFATEC Program, funded by the European Council (2007-2008).
- "Seismic Design of Mixed Reinforced Concrete - Structural Steel Building Systems",
Program for the Support of Young Researchers PENED-2003, funded by the Greek Secretariat of Research and Technology (2005-2008,P.I.).
- "Beam-Column Joints in Steel Frames",
Heraclitus Program, funded by the Greek Secretariat of Research and Technology (2004-2006,P.I.).
- "Flexural-Torsional Buckling of Homogeneous and Composite Bars of Constant or Varying Cross-Section with Arbitrary Shape",
Pythagoras Program, funded by the Greek Secretariat of Research and Technology (2004-2006).
- "A New and Flexible Approach for the Training of Engineers in the Construction Industry",
Leonardo da Vinci/NFATEC Program, funded by the European Council (2003-2004).
- "Educational Exchange between Greece and Germany",
Program of Educational Exchanges of the Greek Ministry of Education for 2003, funded by the Greek Minstry of Education, P.I. (2003).
- "Mobility and Continuing Education in Civil Engineering",
Leonardo da Vinci Program, funded by the European Council, cooperation of research groups from Greece, Sweden and Romania (2001-2002).
- "Documentation and Evaluation of Aging Factors for Buildings, Influence of the Carrying Capacity and Possible Solutions",
funded by the Foundation for the Promotion of Research of Cyprus, P.I. (1999-2001).
- "Studies of Dynamic Instabilities and Postcritical Behavior of Deformable Systems",
INTAS program of cooperation with scientific groups from Russia (1999-2001).
- "A Safety Study about Explosives in the Vicinity of Natural Gas Transmission Systems and a Draft of Safety Rules",
funded by the Greek State Gas Company DEPA (1998).
- "Dynamics of Multi-Degree-of-Freedom and Continuous Mechanical Systems with Application to Aerohydroelastic Systems and Smart Engineering Structures",
INTAS program of cooperation with scientific groups from Russia (1996-1998).
- "Seismic Vulnerability of Ancient Monuments",
Bilateral Scientific Cooperation between Greece and Cyprus, P.I. (1996-1998).
- "Optimal Design of Smart Structures",
Bilateral Scientific Cooperation between Greece and Italy (1993-1995).
- "Eurocode No. 8 in the Form of Expert System",
European Council (1992-1993).