Dr. Pavlos S. Georgilakis, Associate Professor
National Technical University of Athens (NTUA)
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Electric Power Division
Laboratory of Electric Energy Systems
9 Iroon Polytechniou street, 15780, Athens, Greece
Electrical Engineering Building, Office 2.2.31
Tel.: + 30 210 7724378
Fax: +30 210 7723659
Pavlos S. Georgilakis:
· In 1990, he received the Diploma in Electrical Engineering from the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA).
· In 2000, he received the Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering of NTUA.
· In September 2009, he joined as a Lecturer the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering of NTUA, where from August 2018 until today he is an Associate Professor.
· From 2004 to 2009 he was an Assistant Professor at the School of Production Engineering and Management of the Technical University of Crete, Greece.
· From 1994 to 2003 he was with Schneider Electric AE, the Greek subsidiary of Schneider Electric, where he worked as quality control engineer, transformer design engineer, research and development manager, and low voltage products marketing manager.
His research interests are in the area of modern techniques for the analysis, operation, and planning of electric power transmission and distribution systems, and the modeling and design of power transformers. More specifically, the modern techniques include optimization algorithms, artificial intelligence techniques, and forecasting methods. These modern techniques are applied in the planning, optimal operation, and technical and economical analysis of electric power transmission and distribution systems, in the placement of measuring systems, and in the integration of distributed generation and renewable energy sources in the electric power transmission and distribution systems.
He has participated in 25 research programs, out of which in eight as scientific responsible. Nine of these 25 research programs are large scale integrated projects that have been financed by the Framework Programs 6 and 7 and by the Horizon 2020 Program of the European Commission. Currently, he participates in the following three research programs that are financed by the Horizon 2020 Program of the European Commission: SHAR-Q (as scientific responsible), WiseGRID, and NobelGrid.
He has supervised three doctoral dissertations, nine Master of Science dissertations, and 63 Diploma Theses, all of which have been successfully completed.
He is the author of the following three books:
1. P. S. Georgilakis, Electric Circuits. Klidarithmos Publications, Athens, Greece, July 2005, 301 pages, in Greek. ISBN: 960-209-886-4
2. P. S. Georgilakis, Spotlight on Modern Transformer Design. Springer, London, UK, August 2009, 427 pages, in English. ISBN: 978-1-84882-667-0
3. P. S. Georgilakis, Modern Electric Power Transmission and Distribution Systems. Hellenic Academic Libraries Link, Athens, Greece, July 2015, 312 pages, in Greek. ISBN: 978-960-603-038-3
He is the author of 97 publications in international scientific journals, 13 book chapters and 102 articles in the proceedings of international scientific conferences.
According to SCOPUS bibliographic database, his publications have received more than 3000 citations (excluding self citations of all authors), Author ID: 6603883470
He is a senior member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and a member of the Technical Chamber of Greece.